1. Our Warranty to You
As a consumer of Bright Light products, Bright Light offers you all of the warranties extended to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. In particular, Bright Light warrants that all Bright Light products:
- Are free from defects in materials and workmanship and conform to Bright Light’s applicable specifications for that product.
- Are of acceptable quality for their type and use, are fit for the purpose for which they are designed, and comply with our description and specifications.
- Comply with any sample of the same product we have given you.
- Have facilities for repair and a supply of parts that are adequately available for a reasonable period after the supply of the products.
Our warranty is for a period of two years from the date of your purchase.
2. How to Get Warranty Service
To receive warranty service from us you will need to:
- Provide us with written evidence of purchase.
- Return the product to us for inspection.
3. Our Obligation to You
Our obligation to you in relation to our warranty is at our discretion to either:
- Repair the product for you if repair is possible; or
- Replace the product with an equivalent one; or
- Refund the purchase price to you
4. Exclusions From Our Warranty
Our products are designed with specific protection features for optimum consumer safety and to ensure that our products perform as well as possible. Our products must remain fully accessible at all times in order to be able to retrieved for warranty claims, repair, or maintenance. Our warranty will not apply when:
- A power supply with is not a Bright Light certified power supply is used.
- LED rigid modules are mechanically stressed by bending or shaping beyond the format as supplied, or if the actual LED is subject to unreasonable pressure.
- The LED products are not installed by properly qualified installers in accordance with the applicable New Zealand Electrical Safety Standards and Regulations.
- Correct electrical polarity is not observed.
- The LED modules are not cut or divided at the specified cutting marks (marked by a line and/or scissor symbol).
- Products which are installed in an environment which may cause corrosion or moisture/water damage are not properly protected against such environmental risks.
- Solder and metal parts are not sufficiently lacquered when installed in a corrosive environment.
- A Bright Light certified dimmer is not used when dimming our LED products.
- The LED modules and accessories are not sufficiently well ventilated or have insufficient heat dissipation.
- Bright Light’s individual specifications and installation instructions for the product you have purchased are not followed.
- Precautions from our “Product Safety Information” guidelines are not followed.