Returns Policy and Procedures
Please read this returns policy and procedure document carefully prior to making a purchase from Brightlight. The purchase of any product from Brightlight New Zealand 2004 Ltd (Brightlight) will be deemed as an agreement by you (the purchaser) that you have read and understood this Returns Policy and Procedures document.
Returns Policy and Proceedures (Click read/download PDF)
Brightlight reserve the right to amend this document without notice and such amendments will be caused to be in affect at the time of posting the amended document to the Brightlight website (www.brightlight.co.nz) All purchases made prior to any amendment of this document will be honored under the Policy in effect at the time of purchase. It is however your responsibility to ensure that you read this document prior to any purchase.
The Fair Trading Act and the Consumer Guarantee Act provide the basis for the Brightlight returns policy, our aim is to build trust with our customers by honouring each return and by making the returns procedure as simple as possible.
Because of the nature of our business and our reliance on the care and professionalism of courier companies to deliver your purchase to your door you must ensure that you inspect, where possible, your package prior to signing for it: If the product is damaged, you should refuse delivery and contact Brightlight immediately. (You will need to quote your customer number and purchase number from your receipt . Even if the product looks fine or if you don’t have time to inspect the product you must contact Brightlight as soon as you are aware of any damage. This is to protect you as every package is insured and helps Brightlight to resolve any disputes with the courier company quickly should you discover the package to be damaged once you have opened it. If this is the case please contact Brightlight. Returns must be sent via a courier company, we cannot accept returns sent via standard post as we have no way of accurately validating whether a package was sent via this method. When the product is defective or faulty upon delivery or installation It is your responsibility to ensure that each item ordered is fit for the purpose that you intend to use the product. This must be done prior to your order being made. This includes making sure the product is the right size, colour, voltage. IP rating etc.
Should you have cause to return a product there are three options available for our customers,
- Exchange: If a product is defective or damaged, we can offer to exchange it for another one under our return to base warranty.
- Repair: If a product is defective or damaged, we can offer to repair it under our return to base warranty.
- Refund: A refund will be given only on products that are defective, damaged or faulty and where such a condition is not repairable. In every case a refund will only be granted upon inspection of the product and any such defectiveness was a result of the manufacturing or delivery process. We aim to resolve each return within 7-10 working days from the time of receipt at our offices.
Should actioning your return take longer then Brightlight will contact you directly. The product(s) may need to be checked by our overseas factory which could take longer to establish the cause for failure. We will keep
in regular contact regarding progress.
Changed your mind?
Products can be returned within 30 days with proof of purchase (the receipt shipped with the item/s) for a full refund, provided the item is in an unused and re-sellable condition.
- Items must be returned to our office in Auckland. We will not accept goods that are damaged as a result of mis-use, we will only accept items that are unused and in re-sellable condition.
- The cost of returning a product you no longer want (within 30 days) is your responsibility and must be sent via a traceable courier service or dropped to our office personally.
- Returns resulting from the customer changing their mind on any “Custom product” will NOT be accepted of any kind. (see Custom made products below)
Custom made products
A custom made product is a product that has been ordered by the customer with special requirements that results in standard product items being changed to me et the customer’s requirements or constructed in such a way where they differ from their original state or standard format marketed by Brightlight. Refunds on custom made products will be given only on products that are defective, damaged or faulty and where such a condition is not repairable or exchangeable. In every case a refund will only be granted upon inspection of the product and any such defectiveness was a result of the manufacturing or delivery process.