Bright Light Product Warranty and Product Safety Information (download PDF)
1. Our Warranty to You
As a consumer of Bright Light products, Bright Light offers you all of the warranties extended to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. In particular, Bright Light warrants that all Bright Light products:
- Are free from defects in materials and workmanship and conform to Bright Light’s applicable specifications for that product.
- Are of acceptable quality for their type and use, are fit for the purpose for which they are designed, and comply with our description and specifications.
- Comply with any sample of the same product we have given you.
- Have facilities for repair and a supply of parts that are adequately available for a reasonable period after the supply of the products.
Our warranty is for a period of two years from the date of your purchase.
2. How to Get Warranty Service
To receive warranty service from us you will need to:
- Provide us with written evidence of purchase.
- Return the product to us for inspection
3. Our Obligation to You
Our obligation to you in relation to our warranty is at our discretion to either:
- Repair the product for you if repair is possible; or
- Replace the product with an identical one; or
- Refund the purchase price to you.
4. Exclusions From Our Warranty
Our products are designed with specific protection features for optimum consumer safety and to ensure that our products perform as well as possible. Our products must remain fully accessible at all times in order to be able to retrieved for warranty claims, repair, or maintenance. Our warranty will not apply when:
- A power supply with is not a Bright Light certified power supply is used.
- LED rigid board modules are mechanically stressed by bending or shaping beyond the format as supplied, or if the actual LED is subject to unreasonable pressure.
- The LED products are not installed by properly qualified installers in accordance with the applicable New Zealand Electrical Safety Standards and Regulations.
- Correct electrical polarity is not observed.
- The LED modules are not cut or divided at the specified cutting marks (marked by a line and/or scissor symbol).
- Products which are installed in an environment which may cause corrosion or moisture/water damage are not properly protected against such environmental risks.
- Solder and metal parts are not sufficiently lacquered when installed in a corrosive environment.
- A Bright Light certified low voltage pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimmer is not used when dimming our LED products.
- The LED modules and accessories are not sufficiently well ventilated.
- Bright Light’s individual specifications for the product you have purchased are not followed.
- Precautions from our “Product Safety Information” guidelines are not followed.
PRODUCT SAFETY INFORMATION
Bright Light products are designed with specific protection features for optimum consumer safety. Please read this important safety information to ensure your LED installation is sustainable long-term. Failure to adhere to any of the following conditions will void warranty and could cause product failure.
All LED products must remain fully accessible at all times in order to be retrieved for repair or maintenance.
- Only use Bright Light certified power supplies, our certified power supplies protect you and your LED products.
- LED rigid board modules are not to be mechanically stressed by bending or shaping beyond the straight format as supplied. Placing pressure on the actual LED chip is to be avoided at all times.
- Use qualified personnel to install LED products. Specific electrical and safety standards need to be followed in accordance to New Zealand/Australian electrical safety regulations.
- Adhere to correct electrical polarity; if electrical polarity is incorrect then damage could be caused to the LED module.
- Only cut or divide the LED modules at the specified cutting markings indicated on the LED module by a line and/or scissor symbol.
- Touching metallic parts can cause electrostatic discharge, use ESD precautions.
- Certain modules do not have ingress protection, meaning they are not protected against corrosion, moisture, dust, or water damage. If you are unsure, check the IP rating on the product specification sheet or contact Bright Light for more information. Corrosion as a warranty claim will not be accepted, it is the contractor/installer’s responsibility to ensure the specified products are either coated or otherwise protected from moisture, condensation, and other corrosive elements.
- When soldering is required to install the product, the soldering must be protected against corrosion, and this includes all metal parts of the module being lacquered sufficiently.
- LED dimming can only be achieved with a certified low voltage pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimmer. Check with Bright Light before installing any dimming system.
- Your LED installation must be well ventilated in order for the modules and accessories to survive long term. Excessive heat in the LED cavity could cause a reduction in the LED’s life and/or product failure.
- Each product will have specific power requirements and unique attributes. Ensure you carefully read and follow individual instructions for each product you are installing.
- High pressure hoses must not be used to clean IP rated products. All LED products must be free of any cleaning chemicals or detergents.
- Products are not suitable when being exposed to the marine environment unless the product specification is clearly marked. All special instructions must be followed and all care should be taken to ensure common sense is practiced.
- Products must be free of dust, dirt, and obstructions to enable the light to emit onto the desired area in a uniform manner.
- LED products that are used in conjunction with other light fittings in the same cavity should be kept in separate compartments to prevent colour mixing between light fittings and excessive heat generated by the non-LED product.
- As with all LED lamps and fittings, light depreciation should be expected throughout the lifetime of the product.
- LED products may differ slightly in Kelvin degrees (LED colour) between batches. Bright Light will ensure individual orders have consistent Kelvin levels. Please contact us before ordering if colour matching between orders is required.
- Quality sealant must be used if placed in an outdoor environment. The sealant must be rated at least for the rated lifetime of the LED product.
- Products that are installed without following the correct installation procedure detailed in the product instruction manual and specification sheets will not be accepted through a warranty claim. If the installer does not receive a copy of these documents it is their responsibility to request this before installing the product. Please contact Bright Light or refer to www.brightlight.co.nz.
- All constant current products must be wired in series only.
- LED products used are not to be used in direct sunlight unless the product is specified as “UV resistant” in the specification sheets provided by Bright Light.
- Materials that do not dissipate heat effectively (ie. PVC or some timbers) should not be used as a heat sink for LED ribbon strips.
- Ambient temperature of an LED installation should not exceed 60°C. The ideal working temperature will be noted on specification sheets.
- Correct cable sizes should be worked out by the installer or engineer prior to installation.
- Under no circumstances will Bright Light be liable for any charges relating to the removal, reinstallation, or freight in regard to product installations.
- All warranty claims must be sent to the Bright Light office at the reseller’s expense unless prior arrangements have been made with Bright Light and written approval has been provided of any arrangements. Our product warranty is strictly on a “return to base” basis.
- If an on-site visit is required to assess problems relating to LED products and it is found to be caused by incorrect installation then a call out charge may apply.
RETURNS POLICY & PROCEDURE
Please read this returns policy and procedure document carefully prior to making a purchase from Bright Light. The purchase of any product from Bright Light New Zealand 2004 Ltd (Bright Light) will be deemed as an agreement by you (the purchaser) that you have read and understood this document.
Bright Light reserves the right to amend this document without notice and such amendments will be caused to be in effect at the time of posting the amended document to our website (www.brightlight.co.nz). All purchases made prior to any amendment of this document will be honored under the Policy in effect at the time of purchase. It is however your responsibility to ensure that you read this document prior to any purchase.
The Fair Trading Act and the Consumer Guarantees Act provide the basis for the Bright Light returns policy. Our aim is to build trust with our customers by honouring each return and by making the returns procedure as simple as possible.
Because of the nature of our business and our reliance on the care and professionalism of courier companies to deliver your purchase to your door, you must ensure that you inspect, where possible, your package prior to signing for it; if the product is damaged, you should refuse delivery and contact Bright Light immediately. (You will need to quote your customer number and purchase number from your receipt.)
Even if the product looks fine or if you don’t have time to inspect the product you must contact Bright Light as soon as you are aware of any damage. This is to protect you as every package is insured and helps us to resolve any disputes with the courier company quickly should you discover the package is damaged once you have opened it. If this is the case, please contact us immediately.
Returns must be sent via a courier company. We cannot accept returns sent via standard post as we have no way of accurately validating whether a package was sent via this method.
When the product is defective or faulty upon delivery or installation it is your responsibility to ensure each item ordered is fit for the purpose that you intend for the product. This must be done prior to your order being made. This includes making sure the product is the right size, colour, voltage, IP rating, etc.
Should you have cause to return a product, there are three options available to you:
- Exchange: If a product is defective or damaged, we can offer to exchange it for another one under our return to base warranty.
- Repair: If a product is defective or damaged, we can offer to repair it under our return to base warranty.
- Refund: A refund will given only on products that are defective, damaged, or faulty, and where such a condition is not repairable. In every case a refund will only be granted upon inspection of the product with the conclusion that any such defectiveness was a result of the manufacturing or delivery process. We aim to resolve each return within 7-10 working days from the time of receipt at our offices.
Should actioning your return take longer then Bright Light will contact you directly. The product/s may need to be checked by our overseas factory which could take longer to establish the cause for failure. We will keep in regular contact regarding this process.
Changed your mind?
Products can be returned within 30 days with proof of purchase (the receipt shipped with the item/s) for a full refund, provided the item is in an unused and re-sellable condition.
- Items must be returned to our office in Auckland. We will not accept goods that are damaged as a result of misuse, we will only accept items that are unused and in re-sellable condition.
- The cost of returning a product you no longer want (within 30 days) is your responsibility and must be sent via a traceable courier service or dropped to our office personally.
- Returns resulting from the customer changing their mind on any “Custom product” will NOT be accepted of any kind.
Custom Made Products
A custom made product is a product that has been ordered by the customer with special requirements that results in standard product items being changed to meet the customer’s requirements, or constructed in such a way where they differ from their original state or standard format marketed by Bright Light.
Refunds on custom made products will only be given on products that are defective, damaged, or faulty, and where such a condition is not repairable or exchangeable. In every case, a refund will only be granted upon inspection of the product with the conclusion that any such defectiveness was a result of the manufacturing or delivery process.